Thursday, November 09, 2006

A Sad Day

I just learned that Ed Bradley, the 60 Minutes journalist, died today.

I read Wikipedia's entry on him. Typical of Bradley, there was no mention of his being an African-American. While he often reported on black celebrities and issues (he won a Peabody award for his report on African AIDS), Ed was simply a journalist.

One hell of an excellent, ethical journalist.

The world is a less bright place for his passing.

God bless you, Ed Bradley. I have no doubt the Lord himself will be waiting to welcome you home.

2 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Who cares what color his skin was; he accomplished great things as a journalist. Even when I was little, I'd watch his segments on 60 Minutes. He was just so damn good at what he did.

I, for one, will miss him. I hope others with his class, integrity, and talent will make their way into the limelight.

Maya Reynolds said...

From your lips to God's ear, Susan.